Welcome to the first post for Mondays at Unwinding at My Place!
Meffy has learnt that a different word for food - 'num nummies'. We can say that it's lunchtime or dinnertime, to not much response, but say that there are num nummies and she gets super excited!
So, on Num Nummies Mondays, I will post about our menu plan for the coming week, sometimes a new recipe I have tried, sometimes about my Once a Month Cooking (OAMC) efforts, sometimes really about anything food related. :)
The weekend before last I made my second attempt at OAMC for our household.
I did a OAMC stint about 6 weeks ago, and we had just finished everything up. And there were some yummy meals in that batch! Definate keepers for almost every OAMC time.
These were the meals and and other items I planned to make, and final results by Monday evening:
- Chicken and black bean filling x 4 (we really enjoy this, plus Imogen eats it)
- Chicken potato casserole x 2
- Sour cream chicken enchildas x 2 (Imogen does not eat this, as it has some chillies in it)
- Tuna casserole x 5 (they are only serves for me and Imogen, hubby is a non-fish eater)
- Santa fe chicken x1 (I made 2 of these last Monday afternoon, and we had one for dinner)
- Cheesy meatballs x 2
- Vegetable sauce for pasta - not yet
- Sausages x 2
- Mashed potato and bacon x 4
- Muffins for hubby for work x 12 texan size (but I only ended up freezing 8, and Imogen and I ate the others)
- Two trays of brownies - not yet
- No bake granola bars - not yet
- Banana bread - not yet
We also bought some meat from the butcher to freeze for the month, with some lamb chops, steak and rissoles. At the moment my recipes for OAMC are heavy on the chicken side.
I was going to insert a photo of my freezer here, but I haven't quite worked that out yet. Next week for sure!
I haven't worked out how to link up the recipes from their original source, but I will do that this week, and have them linked up as part of my menu plan next week.
I did end up making a tray of brownies throughout the week, and have managed to eat half of them :). Yesterday morning I made up another batch of muffins (6 x Texan size, banana and choc chip), another brownie tray, and 15 no-bake granola bars. Yummo!
I also made up a double batch of vegetable sauce this evening while dinner was in the oven. Full of goodness! I look forward to my own vegie patch later this year so we can eat even better foods.
Here is our meal plan for the week:
Monday: Chicken potato casserole
Tuesday: Cheesy meatballs and vegetable sauce with pasta
Wednesday: Steak with mashed potato bake
Thursday: Chicken enchildas
Friday: Chicken and black bean filling on wraps
Saturday: Rissoles and baked potatoes
Sunday: Probably cheese on toast
So that's how we're lookin' for the coming week. Next Monday I will have a couple of photos, maybe more. I am planning to post about a recipe, which will likely be something sweet. :)
What are you eating this week?